the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress
the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because
that which is known about God is evident within
them; for God made it evident to them. 20
For since the creation of the world His invisible
attributes, His eternal power and divine nature,
have been clearly seen, being understood through
what has been made, so that
without excuse. 21 For even though
they knew God, they did not honor Him as God, or
give thanks; but they became futile in their
speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became
fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the
incorruptible God for an image in the form of
corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals
and crawling creatures. Romans 1:18-23 (NAS)
We are "without excuse" when we :
- "Suppress the truth in unrighteousness"
(see vs. 18 above);
- Do not recognize God's "invisible
attributes" -- God is spirit--John 4:24 (see
- Do not recognize God's "eternal power,"
(see vs. 20).
- Do not recognize God's "divine nature"
(see vs. 20).
We become foolish when we:
- Do not honor God as "God" (see
vs. 21 above);
- Do not "give thanks" to God (see vs.
- Spend time in futile speculations
(see vs. 21); or
- "Exchanged the glory of God for an image
in the form of":
- "Corruptible man" (verse 23);
- "Birds" (verse 23);
- "Four-footed animals" (verse 23);
- "Crawling creatures" (verse 23).
What would you think of a religious man or group
that teaches that God does not have an invisible
nature...or tries to exchange the glory of God for
an image, such as a man?
Click on the next question to continue...